The wind may have known the secret I whispered. Was it regret or a handful of sweet revenge and hatred? While I thought that you would think I was full of selfishness. But I’m sure it was real, no mask or hidden act of foolishness. What happened to us, a day late, it may? The strings were already broken as you started to play. Sorry, you came a little too late. My heart was already taken or I say it was fate.
Please, let go of the scar and those bittersweet memories. Just listen to my tune as it sings endless apologies. Can you hear it? Listen closely to my voice. Not on the thunder that clasps your heart that is covered with noise.
I realize you were a big part of it. But the friendship I needed was thrown in a pit. Testing the water was my fault, I know. Your heart bled, I said no, and you welcomed goodbye with a bitter hello. But here I am, turning the pages again. Opening the stained chapter with no act of hate or disdain. Because it’s all I have, clenched in my hand the beautiful regret. It was a secret covered under the dark shadow of my silhouette.
It was posted on my tumblr page couple of months ago, but I decided to tag it privately though.
0 comments:
Post a Comment